Friday, January 27, 2006

Recording next album

This is the plan: I have written over 30 songs in the last year and a half- and made rough recordings of most of them. I'm finishing 20 of them and then I'm going to ask 20 people to choose the best 15, and that's going to be my solo album. I thought that might be a good way to do it...
Allan Bradbury from the Irrepressibles played some beautiful cello stuff on Tuesday; I had been thinking of other instruments for those tracks but the cello finished them perfectly. It's so hard not to put too much stuff into the music- recording is just so exciting, and songs are like puzzles that you can put together in millions of different ways..so easy to get it wrong.
I went to see the Irrepressibles last night. Jamie McDermott has one of the best voices in England, and they played a new song which reminded me of those big Shirley Bassey blockbusters. He should write the next Bond song- but only when Sean Connery clones and duplicates and we don't have to make do with what movie moguls think is a suitable male lead. Oh those eyebrows! Mmmmm.......
I have uploaded the mad song on to myspace- www.myspace.com/helenmccookerybook
It's called Songbird.
I'll put another one up to replace London as soon as my computer stops crashing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news. :)

Look forward to hearing more from one of my favourite voices.