Thursday, May 11, 2006

Chewing Gum Painterman

The Chewinggumpainterman is going to paint me a big green lawnmower on a bit of gum in Barnet. I'll tell you where it is when it's done; I'm taking him some music tomorrow so he can listen to it and get an idea of what he's doing; meanwhile, he's got into his gig, and is researching big green lawnmowers.
I have got some more gigs- 26th in Central London and 31st in Leytonstone, but I've left the details in my office, which is roughly a million miles from here, the library, and it's too far to go and get them. I'll put them here tomorrow.
Spent yesterday making little cardboard stratocasters in the Barnet Football Club colours, orange and black, for the children at Song Club to pose with. Don't tell them, it's a secret! They were incredibly naughty yesterday, because it was sunny; quite a lot of our song involve prolonged chanting episodes, because that's the only way we can get them to behave.
Spoke to a really feisty keyboard player who used to play with Hazel O'Connor. Interesting.... At the end I said 'Ha, ha! We're still here!' and she said 'That would be a good song title!'...
so
now
it
is.

No comments: