Saturday, June 09, 2007

Horse Art


Yesterday I took some photographs to give you an art show but I'm not going to post them just yet. In fact, I'll just tell you about one of them. I'd been driving past this painted sign that said 'Horse Art' which I thought was wonderful; I was imagining horses making potato-print style art with their hooves, horseshoe-shaped coloured blobs in primary colours on sugar paper. Or blowing inkblots with their flubbery lips to make spidery patterns. Alas, no; at close quarters, the poster said 'Horse and Art' and was some sort of club for humans to make paintings of horses.
What a disappointment!
Today I went to Rough Trade and re-stocked them with Helen and the Horns CDs. I bought the new John Savage book for Little Bruv's birthday and a Borat T-shirt for him too which I regretted when I got home. I was paid for the Suburban Pastoral CDs they have sold so far, which is going straight into the kitty for the nearly-finished next one. They also asked about my book, so I'll have to get the publishers to contact them, and I gave them some chewing-gum art badges to give away too.
I'm removing 'Dreaming of You' from Myspace as soon as it stops playing up, and replacing it with another new one, 'Love on the Wind' which is a demo at the moment.
This is the picture I'm gonna put with it.

Lastly, a joke:
What do you call an mp3 player with very sad music on it?
A cry-pod.

No comments: