Monday, July 16, 2007

Buttons and rats

Well I've just got back from rehearsing at Gina's. Her partner made delicious lunch. Watercress. Very red tomatoes. Other things. Yum yum.
Ana's playing on one song and I'm doing the others. Afterwards I was telling Gina about rats nests in our house and being bitten by one once and I'm not scared. The latest thing I had to do was to drill a 2 centimetre hole under the cupboard, cut out a section with a jigsaw, and shove the nozzle of the vaccuum cleaner in there, and then spray in some disinfectant. It was a bugger of a job: I had to wear goggles and they made my nose sweat. However, it was better than getting changed to go swimming, which I can't be bothered to do even though I love swimming so I never go, or sewing on buttons. Gina likes sewing on buttons and we agreed that I would get rid of any rats she had in exchange for her sewing on my buttons.
After tomorrow, I am going to have a whole day of arranging, sitting at the piano and writing cello and alto sax parts for the next album. I also have to get a new pump for the fish tank and collect my ten copies of the book from work in Docklands where they sent them.
But before that I have three towels to hang on the washing line, and I have to do it quickly before it starts raining again.
See you later.

No comments: