Monday, July 23, 2007

Life's rich and complex jigsaw


I saw this lady on the DLR today and thought she had a wonderful face, and had to photograph her.
What sort of weekend was it? Unusual!
1. I did an interview for The Herald (a Scottish newspaper) about the book and the gig at Foakies on 7th August, while climbing Salisbury Crags just outside Edinburgh
2. I went for a unique biriyani in Ross-shire
3. I was given a four-leaf clover that had been pressed between the pages of a Bible
4. I got a text from Gina saying she'd bought me a ukelele at a festival in Cornwall!
As for today... well, the books had been sent to the University of East London so I went there to collect them- I could only manage to carry back five. Then I went to look in the Vivienne Westwood shop; my friend Carol Alevroyianni is a photographer and she wants to take pictures of all of her friends wearing a dress they love but can not afford, tried on in the changing room in the shop. So that's where I'm going, as soon as I look nice enough to photograph!

By the way, Caroline Coon's speech from the Lost Women party is at http://www.carolinecoon.com/news.htm

No comments: