Thursday, November 15, 2007

Titleless

I'm imagining a party at Brother Tobias's cottage-a-trois, in which we hunt-the-food, and loll about on various chairs scoffing what we find, which I hope would be cheese straws. I'll bring them Brother, so long as you hide them!

We got sent home again today but at least I'm sworn in and on a jury.
That means from now on, everything is secret and I'm not telling you anything, even if you buy me a cheese straw every day for the rest of my life.

Soon, I will be moving house, probably to the grubby end of town. I will pack the cats in their carry-boxes, fold the clothes I never wear and that I've moved about six times since I last wore them, put dusty books into cardboard boxes, wrap china in newspapers... actually, it's all pure fantasy at the moment. But the ground is shifting and I'm leaping from tussock to tussock; I've sold a bunch of stuff on eBay, more to go,

Posh no longer, I can hoot at the football, purchase an unsuitable newspaper, dine on fish'n'chips, and. more importantly, remember what it feels like to laugh out loud every day.
Wow.
That's priceless.

2 comments:

Brother Tobias said...

I love the Dusty books - Dusty's Big Adventure, Three Cheers for Dusty, Dusty Goes to Hollywood, Not so Dusty, Dusty!, Dusty and the Temple of Broom - mind you pack them well.

Anonymous said...

Helen
If you go here http://johnpeeleveryday.blogspot.com/
and download the John Peel show dated 810508 and scroll through to approx 1hr 15 mins he plays 24 Hours and gives you a mention! Its a really great show as well albeit a bit wobbly.
Cheers

Rich