Monday, January 07, 2008

A boring storylet- a bory?

Well, Scotland was a laugh- the first time for yonks that McMum and McDad have not been ill. They were very pleased to see me and McSis, who had knackered ourselves before we even got there by yakking the whole way on the train. We went out for lunch and successfully (we thought) bought McMum and McDad a new TV that they would not be able to not use. We'd lost count of the times we'd set up their video player, only to find that as soon as we walked out of the door, they'd unset it up somehow, no matter how foolproof we thought we'd been.
'Ha ha', we laughed as we strolled down the road to buy fudge.
'They can't go wrong with this one'
It has a DVD player actually at the side of the screen- nothing to unplug, nothing to lose, no wires to get tangled up, no swopping of settings at the back of the TV.
When we got back in, however, McMum looked apologetic.'Your father seems to have lost all the channel settings',she said.
After a lot of switching, phoning, reading of manuals, moving of ornaments, and trying not to swear, I discovered that it was actually a faulty piece of equipment- the one thing we hadn't thought of!
Never mind- a new one's being delivered on Thursday.
On the way home we ate huge quantities of wine gums and talked ourselves stupid again. I am in a good mood, and going to re-record some vocals again tonight. The last lot I did sounded too cold, and I think I need to be in this sort of mood to sing, really.
I've had a lot of gigs re-scheduled, so I hope I don't pine away. Lots of recording in the offing though, and that should make up for it.

No comments: