Thursday, January 24, 2008

Old Jumper

I have had a letter from Myspace. I wonder if they'll be able to give me my space back? I do hope so.
Well, I really enjoyed the evening at the Institute of Musical Research- I had been nervous but the crew were friendly and made it easy. Afterwards, Katharine, the organiser, took us to a Sicilian Restaurant, where my grey fake fur coat gave one of the waitresses a horrid static-electric shock.
I'm sorry!
Tomorrow I am going to have a lazy day. Socks, not shoes; old jumper; no earrings; sitting on the floor with guitar, not sitting in a chair with a book; curry on toast, not bananas and blueberries.
I have missed the launch party of The Society of Imaginary Friends CD; I shall attend in my imagination, and talk to my spectral friends through wisps of fantasy.
Over the next couple of months, nice things will be happening; the weekend after next, I am off to Northumberland for a brainstorming experience, featuring a motion-capture animator, a choreographer and the man who illustrates Bob the Builder, amongst others; the next month, a songwriting project involving my old primary school (I think). Songwritng in Scotland; gigs in Glasgow, Yorkshire and Newcastle, amongst other places (o Myspace, where art thou?). Tom is mixing the album (I hope).
Next gig is Monday, at the Cross Kings, St Pancras Way, King's Cross; I'm playing at 9.30

By the way, did you know where Dutch pigs come from?
Hamsterdam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was me thinking they came from Trotterdam...