Sunday, July 13, 2008

Christina's Bird: a true story.

Christina bought a bird at the pet shop and took it home to her flat.
'Hurray hurray!', sang the bird, 'I have been bought and taken to a home, lucky me, lucky me, at last I belong to someone and I am singing a happy song. Just listen! Tra-la, tra-la! Just look at this house! It has windows and curtains and a carpet, and a television to keep me company, and exciting noises coming from the kitchen! Tweetly-deetly, what a glorious day! A lifetime of love and care, and Trill bird seed in my little yellow plastic feeder attached to the bars! No cats! No cats! the telephone rings, trill-a-dee, trill-a-da! She sits there reading, what a beautiful girl, readily-deedly, turn the pages, turn the pages! The sun is shining, the sky is blue! Trilladoo!'.
'Bloody bird never shuts up!', grumped Christina, and took it back to the pet shop.

No comments: