Monday, August 25, 2008

Rochfort en Accords

Just got back yesterday from the festival at Rochefort; it was an amazing experience and I will take a bit of time tomorrow to write about it properly. Hats off to Karel Beer, who was one of the main organisers. I have some great photos and it will be hard to decide which ones to post here but I'm sure there will be a festival website.
I've just spent the day writing songs and eating cake with Jane (Morvern Callar) which was a pretty damn good way to spend a bank holiday. She brought round a lovely pear and almond cake, and in between stuffing our faces with that and strawberries and raspberries, we wrote a folk song (2 guitars, 2 voices) and a punk song for a special bingo evening in South London (Jane on bass, me on guitar, both of us shouting and singing). We filled the kitchen with instruments, even carrying in the wheezy harmonium from the front room that requires the energy to power six exercise bicycles to get a squeak out of it. She'd brought her violin and clarinet, and after the writing bit, I showed her how to play Two Strings to Your Bow on the guitar.
The other bit of news was receiving a box of preview copies of Poetry and Rhyme. The official release date is the 4th October and I still have to find a suitable place for a launch. The CD looks and sounds beautiful and I am really proud of it and the musicians who played on it, Tom who recorded it and Em who did the cover. It will be available on Amazon (isn't that amazong?).
I'm tired. Goodnight.

No comments: