Monday, August 11, 2008

Secret Agent's Wedding

I went to another wedding this weekend, a music booking agent's wedding in Norfolk (what a fantastic place!).
Entertainment was provided by Farmer Jason, a genuine pig farmer from Tennessee and children's entertainer '(Where are you from?' asked Shippy later. 'Illinois' replied Farmer Jason,'but I live in Nashville now'. I daydreamed.. all those piggies being housed in down-time studio space and hastily moved before the country stars arrived for their sessions, and grunting sulkily at the indignity of being constantly shuffled about from studio to studio and never getting a good snuffle for the truffle).
Who else was there? The bass player from Slaughter and the Dogs, dressed in tails and making the wedding video.
The wedding happened in a windmill but I missed that bit, unforchly; the reception was pretty groovy anyway.
Tomorrow, I'm supporting The Daintees at the Jazz Cafe; will be wearing my best dress but clumping down there in the Doc Marten's for the soundcheck. I've just bought a flight case for the festival in France, and next Saturday I am playing at the Bohemia Festival in Kent (want to come along Father Tobias and family?)
It's all go in McCookerybook's kitchen, I tell you.

No comments: