Monday, August 04, 2008

Yes, it's time to throw that one sock away!

I don't know about you, but I have had a tendency to hang on to single socks for years, in the vain hope that the other one is going to turn up, tucked into a duvet cover or under a jumper in the wrong drawer.
Well, it's not!
Liberate yourself!
Throw away al those miserable solo socks and celebrate the pairs, even if there are less of them and they are full of holes!
Alternatively, twin them with similar socks and enjoy odd-sock delight; just don't let them creep around the chest of drawers pretending their sibling is creeping around too, only in a different direction. They are liars, the lot of them, and should be punished by a journey to Oxfam, where they will be usefully recycled into insulating materials and chair-stuffing, a much better place for them than your bedroom storage furniture.

2 comments:

japhenjam said...

haha so know what you mean. I just recycled a big bag of them, and I remember looking at the bag and thinking to myself "why am I keeping these" :)

Brother Tobias said...

Somewhere near here there is a crow's nest, made entirely out of my socks. When the crow steals them off the line, it never takes pairs, only odd ones. Or perhaps I just don't notice when pairs disappear.