Sunday, October 26, 2008

Shirt


















Gloom and despondency, I defy you!
I sat last night with two old shirts and made them into one new shirt, by snipping the sleeves off one and sewing them on to the other. I was well into the second sleeve when I discovered that I'd sewn the first one on inside out. I then discovered that I'd sewn the right-way-out one on backwards.
I looked at the cats for help, but they were both sitting with their backs to me sulking because I had the shirts on my lap and not them.
Grittng my teeth, I removed the wrong-way-round sleeve (because it was only half sewn on and I hate sewing) turned it inside out too, and sewed it back on. Then I did the cuffs because I'd started watching Taggart and it wasn't finished yet.
The result is satisfyingly rockabilly. I won't tell anyone the sleeves are on inside out if you don't!
When I wash it, it will probably fall to bits but then so dies stuff from Primark. I've shredded my fingers with clumsy use of the needle and pins, but I shall be sporting my hybrid shirt at my gig tonight, complete with the totally over-the-top bolo tie I got from eBay in a moment of madness and sadness.

No comments: