Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shoplifting Dog



I went down to Diana's manor (where I played the pianner... no, no, no, get a grip!) this morning and we sat outside a cafe, catching up and watching the world go by. One of her dogs sat on top of the other dog because it felt chilly, which prompted numerous passers-by to take pictures.
Meanwhile I noticed her naughty little Greek dog eating a sticky pink doughnut liberally sprinkled with hundreds-and-thousands. Next time I looked the doughnut seemed to have changed to a caramel one, and it was only when I noticed an iced chocolate doughnut nestling in a nearby tree-root that I realised she'd been nipping into Tesco Metro and helping herself from the floor-height display unit. Ha ha Tesco Metro! There you were trying to get weeny children to nag their mummies for a sticky bad-for-you doughnut and you tempted a naughty doggy instead!

Anyway- sorry about yesterday's rant! I also incurred a seventy pound parking fine at work because my parking permit fell off because of the condensation on my car window, and when I tried to email them to ask for a reprieve my email bounced back three times and they never got it.

Where would I be without playjoy? I have a gig tomorrow (Sunday) which is free, and I'm on at 7.30 p.m.
It's at the World's End pub at 21-23 Stroud Green Road, N4 3EF very close to Finsbury Park Tube.

No comments: