Monday, June 08, 2009

Embroidery

After searching the whole house, including the loft, I finally have to come to terms with the fact that I have lost my embroidery stuff.
I am planning to animate an embroidery while I am doing it- this was the plan last summer and I never did it, so I thought I'd do it now.
What a pain, to look so far and wide and deep. It has either accidentally moved out with a former resident, or possibly gone off to the charity shop by mistake in a carrier bag left by the front door.
Who knows?
It was an old pale blue vinyl Chipie skate bag, with a transfer of three over-coloured children on it, and it was full to brimming with embroidery hoops, my youngest offsprog's first embroidery of beautifully clumsy and colourful animals, spare canvas and a little tin I was given full of toffees when I was twelve with a picture (again in garish colours) of a twee little girl in a hairband, and a canary.
There were stranded cottons in many shades of pink and brown and grey and white (I wanted the embroidery to look like an old photograph), and a random collection of needles.
It was a complete nuisance until it was in use, when it was a source of excitement and imagination, frustrating to lose when I have the time and motivation to get started!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh no! It might turn up you never know. An animated embroidery would be fun! I threw out a whole bag of lovely shiny fabric when I tidied up after the kitchen was done. it looked like rubbish. If it went to the charity shop think of the excitement of the person finding it! Well if it was me I would be excited.