Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cocoa

I had cracked even before dawn this morning, awaking to the sound of a vomiting cat on my bed. Never has a human sprung into action so quickly! Within a nanosecond I'd changed her location to the bedroom floor, but then of course I had to get up and clean it, in case I accidentally plodged through it when I got up.
If it's not clattering builder-next-door's radio at sunup, it's teenagers catching early buses at unfeasibly small hours, or the 'You stupid bugger pigeons'. Howyer supposed to get any sleep around here?
At least I played the chords and picking of Heaven Avenue on to my mobile, bluetoothed it to my computer and sent it to Martin this morning. He knows a man called Duncan who does tablature sheets and I may be able to make some sheet music for the song which I will do a nice vintage-style illustrated cover for. So I started the day creatively well.
I have about three songs on the go, none of which are much good but at least it's a tasty challenge. I'd hoped to be recording last week but the engineer's gone AWOL so the songs will have to stay in their box for a while longer.

How strange to have a Scottish summer in Greater London! Very good for the complexion, I find: No need for any 'Because I'm Worth It' stuff in exotic bottles. Just stick nose out of door and inhale deeply, then make yourself a nice mug of cocoa!

1 comment:

chimesey said...

Our kitten arrives tonight - I hope I am not in store for vomit-related shenanigans... although the reality is I probably am... he's just 8 weeks old, apparently.

Any tips, anyone?