Sunday, September 20, 2009

tea break

I'm having a tea break. I was up at 9, clipping the hedges in the front of the house and wiping the missile traces off the windows (regularly, idiots walk down this road throwing things at the houses). Then I packed and threw away more stuff, got the dolls house out of the loft, and generally spent the day grafting at it all.
In my tea break, I have been singing, and browsing the internet.
Much to my amusement, when searching Martin's releaes on Amazon, I discovered that 'Customers who bought this also bought'... a set of Philips nose-hair clippers! There they are, in between Gladsome Humour and Blue and High 7 Moon 5, or something. What a sign of the times, or spirit of the age, or something like that!
Next discovery was that Time Out has listed a solo slot I'm playing on Thursday, and according to them, I am an 'Oddly named singer-songwriter'. They don't mention the oddly named voodoo poet on the same bill, Cam Ringell.
Personally, I think 'Time Out' is a very oddly-named magazine, and they should be rechristened forthwith. The name 'Helen McCookerybook' trips off the tongue nicely so they can use that if they wish.

Thursday's gig is at Tottenham Chances, 399 High Road Tottenham, London, N17 6QN, start time 8 p.m. Cost £3.50, £2.50 concs

No comments: