Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nativity

Wednesday: Three Kings, Clerkenwell
Friday: The Stables, Wavendon
7th November: The Donkey, Leicester
See wot I mean?

Wednesday was lovely- I'd had a hellish day of two jobs in one day at opposite ends of Large London but all was calm at the Three Kings and Jude, Kath and I stuck stickers on our DIY cds and put them into clear wallets.
I'd left my designs for the covers at work but they had spares.
We set up the honesty box and set off, one song each, following our thread. Just like last time, I was wowed by Jude's delicate elfin singing style and Kath's wry humour. Even the background sounds of someone very stressed washing up a thousand forks bunched together in easy handfuls only added to the atmosphere.
The room was full, cosy and smiley, and after a break we embarked on part two.
A guy was there who used to do the door at the Alhambra in Brighton in the 1970s and halfway through he suddenly recognised me as being Helen from the Chefs; perhaps the wooden spoon I had laced through my hair (just as though an outlaw had shot it through there with a bow) helped him.
It was a lovely evening and I'm really looking forward to February when Kath gets back from New Zealand and we can do some more.
Last night's gig at The Stables was good too, but in a different way. I have to stop momentarily and do a bit of packing but more later....

No comments: