Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Optipet

Poor Old Lady Cat; as she had her operation on Tuesday the vet discovered a raging pancreatic cancer and phoned me to ask permission not to wake her up.
So we have all been in tears, and disbelief at how quickly she became ill. Whippersnapper cat started howling the night before she died, and I guessed that we would not see her again.
Years ago, I kept canaries and finches (and a mad budgie with a posh voice), and found their lifespan and vulnerability difficult. I moved to cats because they last a little longer, but it's still hard especially when they've been around for more than 12 years attempting to rule the household with their furry rules.
This is the last miserypost I'm going to do. If I can't think of anything happy, I'll take a sabbatical till January.
Still, I'm an optimist.
See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Phil said...

My condolences. We're going through the same thing; I took one of our cats to the vet on Monday cause he lost weight quickly over a week. They found a huge tumor inside him, and he's back at the vets right now having a sonogram to see if they can remove it, I'm waiting for the phone-call. Made me cry when I saw the X-Rays... They're such poor little things. I'll miss him terribly if he can't get through it. Best wishes to you all.
Zoot xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Old Lady Cat - people who don't have pets just don't understand how upsetting it is to lose them. Hope you will come back with some happy news ... and if you want cheered up, pop over to my blog to see Olaf and Gustav - they are guarantedd to make you smile!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear the sad news Helen.xx