Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Songlab Showcase at Stratford Circus


It was a success!
In spite of the fact that I was well on my way when a panic-stricken phone call from Offsprog 2 made me turn round and head home again (it's rained for a  month and the front door has absorbed the lot of it and swollen up so sometimes it won't open, but she managed to get in and I did a u-turn).
The crew at Stratford Circus were incredibly easy-going about everything which meant our ten minute bursts of R'n'B, hip-hop, experimental, neo-classical, folk and singer-songwriter, not forgetting the soprano sax, was all within their capabilities. We had big round tables and I had brought my Las Vegas rope lights, and the atmosphere was there, and the playing was good, from beginner to expert, and there will be more!
Star of the night was Phoebe Osborne, whose song writing skills have really developed over the last three years and she is one to watch!

No comments: