Friday, March 12, 2010

An Evening at Optical Radio, and More Things

I enjoyed the broadcast and interview experience with Val Phoenix last night- she is a warm host and the Old Police Station that it broadcasts from is an interesting building- we were in a cell with all the broadcast equipment and two very friendly engineers who came in and out, winding and minding leads and microphones and making tea. Val played Thrush and Two Strings to your Bow, and Sweet Saviour, and I sang The Song of the Unsung Heroine (live video from my front room now up on Myspace) and Little England.
The rest of the building houses a cafe with an interesting collection of teapots and cameras, and old and frightening police notices dotted about. Well worth listening in next week, and the week after, and the week after... Val knows her stuff about music!

I had a really interesting meeting this morning with a woman called Jade, who has asked me to make a comic that tells part of the story of Jason and Medea; it's for a theatre production that is going to Brazil, and its going to be a very exciting project to be involved in; she gave me croissants and coffee, and we admired her baby girl (George's too), before I went off to Stratford and a tense half hour in which I persuaded a panel of people that they should give me a teaching qualification (which I haven't got). Or at least, I hope I persuaded them.

So now, of course, I am flopping about the place; I've noshed a curry with Offsprog Two, had a couple of incoherent telephone conversations and packed my Green Goddess

No comments: