Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Face

Ouch!
Rushing down by car to the University of the East, I noticed I was almost out of petrol, and I pulled in to a station just off the cold and dusty North Circular. Within seconds of opening the fuel cap, there was a queue of young men in cars, beeping their horns with testosterone-fuelled impatience.
I tried not to care, in my new cool, calm and collected persona, but as I closed the car door after getting out my purse to pay, I neglected to notice that my face was in the way when I slammed the door.

Suppose I was lucky it wasn't my eye; but I've got an egg-shaped purple bump on my cheek and
it's
very
sore!

1 comment:

frayedattheedge said...

No doubt you'll get all the usual comments - did you walk into a door, what does the other fella look like, blah blah blah!!