Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pauline Black

One of my favourite gigs back then was The Selecter and The Specials: I particularly liked The Selecter, who bounced around the stage with a fresh and exciting energy, a positive and vibrant band.
Pauline Black was a fantastic front woman and I loved her sartorial style too.
There are about four days left to listen to this, Pauline's take on the late 70s and women musicians.
One of the best bits is Jean Jacques Burnel from the Stranglers trying to re-write a history in which his band of stupid *rseholes weren't a boring load of sexists jumping on the punk bandwagon!
I also like the Viv Albertine comments; she is an original punk band member who has resurfaced as an original solo performer. Very interesting.
I hope to interview Pauline if I get to do a paperback version of the book.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r8hhz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thnaks for the link Helen - yesterday I bought Three Minute Here and On My Radio on Two-Tone 7" down Berwick St!

Rich C