Sunday, March 07, 2010

Quiet

I am having a quiet weekend; I'd been going to travel to Newcastle for the guitar show and Martin's rockabilly band performances, but I was worried about leaving Offsprog 2, who used to have Whippersnapper there to watch TV with.
So I've been cooking
gardening in the cold (yardening? it's a yard, not a garden)
working (the pile of paper on the table is shrinking)
cleaning (guitar playing fingernails snapped and gone)
watching TV (Poirot and more Poirot: it's the black and white in colour that does it)
reading the newspapers (ha ha about Ashcroft!)
trying to sort out the knitting needles I inherited from McMum and giving up
sleeping (hooray)
and generally looking forward to Spring (was that a snowflake I just saw?)
I have uploaded a very rough film on to Youtube, of a gig I did quite early on in my revived career (2006) at the Carnaervon Castle in Camden. The audience is very noisy, because they'd come to see the heavy metal act I was supporting. The funny thing was that the heavy metal band loved my music!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzEp5oJtoKc

1 comment:

frayedattheedge said...

I've updated you in my 'favourites'! That sounds like a good weekend to me - sometimes it's just nice to catch up domestic things .....
today's word - nessub - has to be a submarine looking for the Loch Ness Monster!!