Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Amazon

The list of books and CDs that I wanted to order from Amazon got to over two hundred pounds and I still had another list of CDs to add. Would I read it all and listen to it all? No, I would not.
I had a boss a while who who used to get me to read all his books for him and report back. I got free books, and he didn't have to bother to read them. Something like a cross between one of those poor people forced to taste the Emperor's food in case it was poisoned, and a 'walker' who accompanies a married woman about town in a chaste manner when her husband is out of town. I think.
So the list has been pared down and is now merely a fantasy list.
The less I read, the more I write and draw, and the less I listen to, the more songs I write; expect production!

2 comments:

Wilky of St Albans said...

if you listed the books and CDs you wanted here, perhaps some of your 'followers' (not sure I like that word, but how else would you describe us) may have copies they could lend.

I have a 'Singing Postman' CD if you want it

Helen McCookerybook said...

Ha ha! When I am ready for the Singing Postman, I will be sure to let you know, Wilky. Meanwhile, I'm writing songs!