Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Splash!

Down at the Docklands Campus today, the rain was lashing the windows like a Special Effect from an Alistair Maclean movie, back in the day. The wind thrashed the concrete, and the water in the dock was pulled and punmmeled into grey, frothing waves of an alarming height.
I imagined a tsunami rolling down the Thames, unhindered by the Thames Barrier, sweeping the aircraft from London City Airport in its wake; the University of the East would find itself in water up to its knees and I would be trapped there for a day or two, sustained only by a banana, two clementines and a small quantity of Floral Gums (bought in Crieff from the sweetie shop)  that I have squirrelled away for... a rainy day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I don't know when I last had floral gums! It has been wet and windy here, but nowhere near as bad as central Scotland.