Friday, June 22, 2012

Punky Times: Delving

I have spent the morning with Gina, who is making a documentary about The Raincoats.
She has some absolutely riveting footage, and I have promised to dig out the original audio interview that I did with her ten years ago because she said such interesting things.
Amongst her footage there is a ringing endorsement from John Lydon. I can't believe that the whole Punk Britannia series on BBC4 completely brushed The Raincoats, the Slits, The Mo-Dettes, the Au Pairs, Delta 5... all of them, under the carpet yet again.
So let's lift up that carpet and see what's underneath!
I'm scheduled to talk about some of it at the European Popular Culture Conference on 11th July- more about that another time.
Meanwhile, here is part two of the Gonzo interview, along with lots of other really interesting stuff:
http://gonzo-multimedia.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments: