Sunday, October 07, 2012

Life's Little Hiccups

I've been polishing the piano, making new Erik Satie compositions as the duster skims across the keys. For a couple of months I've been wondering whether to sell it, but it's just such a beautiful thing, even though it's officially an ugly piano: modern, mass-produced in Korea. But even being a non-pianist I tried out about fifteen in the piano warehouse and chose one that sounded good, proper notes ringing out top and bottom.
Keep it, keep it...
I was going to moan in this posting (hence the title) but I'm not going to.
I am happy. There are troubles on the horizon but I'm not going to rush there before it's time.
There is a new song to chew on, soup to slurp, a new CD on its way, a slew of autumn weekends to look forward to (favourite time of year), great students to teach, and a DIY plan for draught-proofing the homebox that I've already started in true polyfillafingers fashion.
And Pledge Original furniture polish smells nice.
How's that for a positive posting?

3 comments:

Monty said...

Piano, Guitar, Accordian, Trumpet, Bugle, Xylophone, Harp, Ukelele, Synthesisor, Drumkit, Horn, Bass, Flute, Violin, Cello, Clarinet, Recorder, Treble-Clef. Is there an instrument that you have'nt played!

Anonymous said...

Oh, keep the piano - I would loove to have one, although I can only play Twinkle Twinkle little Star (with one finger!!)

Helen McCookerybook said...

Thinking about you today Anne, as I snaffle an M&S lemon meringue pie!