Sunday, February 15, 2015

Be Hare Or Be Square

It seems like ages since the last Artyfartle, which was at the Lexington- in fact it's just over a year ago. That one was on a Sunday afternoon and featured songs from Wes, Lucie, Amy and myself with a talk on pinhole photography from Joan. The one before that was even further back in the mists of time and was at the long-lamented Perseverance with Viv Albertine, Martin, Amy and myself and Gina talking about felted Birchbags that she had made.
No talk at tomorrow's event, but lots of music. Pete, Amy and me will be playing new songs (I will be airing the Two Minutes Left song Quik Fitte for the first time that I wrote and recorded for Linear Obsessional just before Christmas http://linearobsessional.bandcamp.com/album/two-minutes-left ) before Martin takes to the stage, joined by Jim the Fiddle, to make us all smile with his music and humour. The evening starts at 8.30 and finishes just before 11. It is £9.00 on the door to get in, £7.00 concessions although UEL students with a card get in for free, and it's very close to Highgate Tube which is on the Northern Line. I should be practicing my songs but I'm eating strawberries instead, or just about to. I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Monty said...

Dear Helen sorry i couldn't attend the gig!