Thursday, May 26, 2016

Tape Box

Thanks to Michael Clunkie for sending this photograph of the tape box for the original Thin Sliced Records Freight Train and Pioneer Town recordings. Pioneer Town is on the new Sharon Signs To Cherry Red compilation. I'm just waiting for my copy to arrive and then I'll share the listening experience with you!
I remember recording these down in Elephant Studios in Wapping, before it got gentrified. Just the studios and a big old pub, an lots of bridges and industrial wasteland. The engineer, Simon Tassano, showed me how to use the mixing desk and I suppose this was my first production. There is a vocal group in San Francisco who contacted me a while ago to ask for the lyrics to Pioneer Town because they wanted to do their own choral version of it. I was chuffed to bits!

1 comment:

A fan said...

The Label says "Elephant Studio Wapping" Wasn't there anywhere nearer?